Tuesday, February 28, 2012

XOOM stuck on dual core logo screen (how to fix)

My XOOM was stuck on the Moto dual core logo screen last night. Soft reset (Volumn up + Power) did not work. It reboot, then still stuck on the logo screen. I searched on the web and the popular solution is to reinstall the ROM (requires android SDK and ROM at moto dev site).

This is how I fixed my issue without installing the ROM (XOOM wifi only US edition):
0. take out the microSD card if you installed one in your XOOM!!!
1. reboot (Vol up + Power)
2. On start-up when you see the Motorola logo, press and hold the Volume Down key.
3. When you see the Android recovery text, press the Volume Up key to put XOOM tablet in recovery mode. After a few min, you should see a Green Android laying down with the triangle and an exclamation (Android recovery screen).
4. On the Android recovery screen, press and keep holding the Power button then press and release the Volume Up key. This will take you to the recovery screen with list of menus.
5. Using Volume Down key navigate to Wipe data / factory reset option and press Power button to select it.
6. Select Yes, delete all user data option using Power button
7. My XOOM is fixed this way. time to set up the account again.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks.. that Helped... :)

Jonathan Platt said...

Very helpful. One clarification--for me, I had to press volume down repeatedly, rather than press and hold, to cycle to Android Reset.

Still, thanks for putting me on the right track!

Unknown said...

I tried everythin and followed through it says wiping data... Formatting/ data. Then at the top it went back to system recovery what should I press from here

Unknown said...

Should I press reboot system now? Also at the bottom right it says wiping data...
Formatting/data
Formatting/cache...
Data wipe complete.

Did I followed through right?

Unknown said...

After you selected the last option did the menu appeared at the top? Because after. That it still went back to dual core screen ...

Roger said...

My XOOM is pretty customized and the last thing I wanted to do was install a ROM... By using your advice I was able to get back up.

Thanks

Roger

Unknown said...

I did all that but still no solution